5 Interesting Facts You Didn't Know About Cashmere!
Cashmere is well known for being one of the most luxurious materials you can have in your wardrobe. Be kind to it and you will rewarded with an item of clothing that will be able to be used time and time again! So what makes cashmere so special? Here are some top facts that make our most loved fabric even more special:
1. Cashmere is one of the rare materials that got its name from a goat that lives in a specific region - Kashmirin India/Pakistan.
2. The cashmere fibre might be 6 times finer than human hair but it still has exceptional insulation properties. The soft dense material can keep consumers warm even in - 40°C.
3. If you look after your cashmere, it will not stretch and won't fade!
4. The cashmere goat has the ability to produce between 4 and 6 ounces of under-down each year which is one of the reasons why this material is expensive.
5. In order to produce your average sized sweater, you will need wool from between 3 to 5 goats!
We love all our cashmere products and we know you will to!